Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Small Stash of Priceless Treasures

A beautiful picture Karim colored for me.
A yarn bracelet a little girl made and then tied around my wrist: another priceless gift from a generous spirit.
The fat opaque ring.
And the sucker. I haven’t had the heart to eat it yet.


From Karim:

To my friend Rebecca,
I am writing to you greeting, asking how you are doing? Every time I think of you I feel like crying. I feel like we should always be together wherever I am, but it’s impossible because you are always busy. I hope that you’ll be remembering me wherever you’ll be and writing to me and when you do it will encourage me to write more, and again I wish you will be thinking of me and when God wants you will come back.
May God bless you wherever you will be.

From Nadine, one of the older girls who tried to teach me dance at the bonfire.

Dear Rebecca
How are you doing? We loved your fun giving spirit and you put joy in my heart. I loved the song you composed for us and the words just went straight to my heart. I am going to miss you so much and I promise I will never forget you. You are my love model, and I love everything about you - the way you walk, your hair (?) style and your ability to play the guitar, and I hope some day I will become a great person like you. Please wherever you go remember us and we will also remember you.
I love you so much, Nadine