Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

There and Back Again

Praise the Lord! And then if you were in a church in Africa, you might say, “Amen!” And then I might say, “God is good!” And you would say, “All the time.” Then I would say, “All the time.” And you would say, “God is good, and that is His nature. Woo!”

Welcome to Africa! I am actually writing this back in the States, but I think I left key parts of me back in Uganda and Rwanda - things like my heart. The trip was amazing. I am having a hard time imaging trying to share with you all the incredible things that happened, but I’m sure it will come together all in good time. For this first bit, I’d just like to say again an enormous thank you for all your prayers and support. I have been very richly blessed.

Also, I really do mean to praise the Lord for all the awesome things He has done. I intend to share with you some of the stories I’ve brought back with me from Africa, but for this first bit, I’d simply like to thank God for . . .

Extremely willing and perhaps only a bit less able hair designers (ie: the happy children at Gisimba orphanage in Kigali, Rwanda)


Protection from thieves, murderers, rebels, strangers . . . and very weird-looking, ugly birds that rather reminded me of dinosaurs. Or Bat Man.


In all the miles and miles of traveling - via airplane, taxi, my own two very dirty feet, or via bus (and I heard some rather interesting tales of highway robberies that occur frequently on the African continent) - I lost absolutely nothing. God is good.


The rich beauty of Rwanda and Uganda.


More later . . .