Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Why

This is an excerpt I read recently from a book called Always Enough.  It was written by Heidi Baker.

“The Lord is calling for servant-lovers who will call in the outcasts, who will go into the dark corners of the world and compel the poor to come.  And they will come.  They’ll come by the millions.  Who will go and leave their lives of comfort and call in the broken?  Who will go and be a learner?  Who will go and lay their lives down for Jesus among the poor?  The Lord Jesus wants His house to be full.  It’s time for us to go out to the poor, to the broken, to the homeless, to the dying and to the lonely and call them to come in.  Thousands and thousands of missionaries and ministers need to go to the darkest places, to the poorest places, to the forgotten places, because the wedding feast is about to begin and so many of the poor haven’t been called.  Rush out and call them.  They will come.”

This is why I do what I do.  Or why I'm trying to do what I'm trying to do.  I don't particularly know what I'm doing.  I typically know about half an answer out of ten.  Statistically, I'm not exactly succeeding.

But God has called me.

So, I flounder along, confusing others and myself and everyone reading this because I haven't told them ... again ... what exactly it is I'm doing.  Speaking of which ... I don't think I've really said, have I?

Well, maybe there will be room for that next time.  For now, I just wanted to say this: Jesus is calling.  Who will go?  He is always enough.