Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

1,176 Hours, 147 Meals, and 70 Toilets Later

I am about to go through a long list of Dream Tour statistics.  But first I would like to start off with something profound.  So.  I was looking at the picture of the map I posted earlier, and I decided it doesn’t look like a wobbly figure 8 at all.  It looks like a bikini.

Eh-hem.

Now that I have your undivided attention: The following is a list of very dull numbers which specify certain statistics recorded over the last several weeks of my life.  They are as follows:

- Time elapsed: 49 days (September 15-November 2, 2011)

- States visited: 22 (NE, KS, MO, TN, KY, GA, SC, NC, VA, MD, PA, WV, IN, IA, WI, OH, MI, AL, MS, LA, TX, OK) And if you know all those abbreviations, you’re doing better than I did.  I had to look them up.

- Toilets occupied: 70 (Yes, it was a little weird counting the number of different bathrooms I went into.  I did it for you.)

- Sleeping arrangements:
    - Couches: 8
    - Blow-up mattresses: 1
    - Beds: 4
    - Floors: 5
    - Top bunk of the bunk bed: 1

- Pianos played: 6 (two Grands!)

- Chocolate inhaled: . . . Oh, it wasn’t that much, alright?

- Miles traveled: 7,270

- Free things:
    - 1 cup of coffee
    - 1 World’s Smallest Ice Cream Sundae (Welcome to downtown Holland, MI.)
    - 4 Casting Crown Concert tickets
    - 1 copy of Radical (The church we were attending just happened to be handing them out that morning.  Really.  For free.)
    - 3 New Orleans Aquarium tickets
    - 1 GPS
    - 235 hugs (. . . Okay, I didn’t really count those.  It’s an estimate.)

- Beginning financial statement: $123.51

- Ending financial statement: Enough.

So, what’s the moral of the story?

If God can do all this in just 49 days through three adults, a six-year old, and a mini-van . . . just think what He could do if He had us all in.  I mean it.  ALL of us.  ALL in.  You might have to bring your own mini-van though.  I don't think you'll fit in ours.