Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Flying . . . Again.

Last week: 10,200 feet above sea level.  An hour's drive from Breckenridge, Colorado.  Nothing but a balloon suspending me 1,200 feet in the air.  Curious George flashing through my head.

This week: 5,000 feet above Nebraska corn fields.

In a very small airplane. (Picture my car with wings.)

With my horseback riding / mountain climbing / marathon running / missionary / nurse / very cool sister and a doctor who shall go unnamed because of a certain cloud and slightly shady legalities.

And there I was in the back seat. (I don't know if that's really what you call the posterior half of a very small airplane, but it certainly felt like a back seat to me.) Circling my house.  Hanging out the window.  Waving at my mom.

I've always wanted to wave at someone out of an airplane and have them wave back.  Dream accomplished.  2,397 to go.

Kristi's always wanted to stick her hand out an airplane and touch a cloud.  Another dream accomplished.

Two down in one day.  Not bad for a sunny early summer day in good ol' Nebraska.

I am so blessed.
(The car with wings.)
 
  
(Living a dream.  Touching a cloud.)

(My mom's the tiny little dot in the driveway you can't see.)