Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

An Adventure Story

I have three sentences for you.  Three sentences that make one of the best adventure stories ever told.  They go like this:

Hot.

Air.

Balloon.

I know.  Half way through that story, you were wondering where I was headed, huh?  But you gotta admit, the ending is pretty good.  Exactly one thousand two hundred feet off the ground.  With nothing between me and certain death but a whicker basket, a little bit of rubber, random spurts of propane flames, and a balloon.

Just like Curious George.

I am now one of the proud “Once in a Lifetime Opportunity” participants.  Just outside Hartsel, Colorado.  Elevation 9,000 feet.  With my mom and little sister.  Twenty-four hours after summiting a 14,000 mountain on foot and seeing a somewhat similar view.

Y’all should certainly try it sometime.