Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Announcement #2

I would like to try an experiment.  Get out some paper and write a 0 on it.  Then I want you to go down a line and put a 0 there.  You see, the 0 is a magic number, as it is -well- 0.  You can’t get better than that!  Now, on the next one, 0 isn’t enough.  7 is the number to put here.  Why isn’t a 0 good enough here? 0 is not magical now.  Once great, a 0 has been reduced to being nonsense.  Now, take your paper and throw it away, then turn your computer sideways.

(Note: This will be much easier if you are reading this from a laptop.  I apologize to those of you who aren't.)

Look closely at the paragraph above this one. (Or, uh, I guess since you turned your computer sideways it’s the paragraph beside this one.) Regardless, you might be able to see a face in the numbers in the paragraph - 0s form the eyes, the 7 is the nose, and a line of 0s form the mouth.  It’s smiling at you because you’re holding your computer sideways, and - as everyone knows - that’s not the way to read a computer screen.  In fact, how are you reading this paragraph, anyway?  Turn the computer around.  You look silly.

(Note: The next paragraph is written in upside down letters, and I couldn’t figure out how to do that on a blog, so I’m skipping it.)

You may be thinking right about this time that I’ve gone off my rocker, blown my top, and suffered a conniption which I handled very poorly.  I may agree with you.  However, before we go too far, let me say that I can’t actually claim ownership over the above indented paragraphs.  They're from a man by the name of Brandon Sanderson, one of the few authors who can make me laugh no matter how bad my day was.

Yes, I know.  This is why sometimes I worry that I’m going insane.

Now . . . back to the original purpose for this announcement:

Announcement #2:
The above picture is a very small selection of various jewelry I’ve created over the past few months.  This jewelry is currently being sold in the online world HERE.  I’ve told most of you this before.  Just thought I’d let you know that it’s still alive, and there’s lots of new stuff for sale.  Thanks to the terrifying world of online businesses, it is now possible for me to take this jewelry shop anywhere in the world I go . . . Which might come in handy some day. :-)

Oh, and I’m hoping to expand soon into physical locations and not just virtual ones.  If you have any ideas, you’re welcome to let me know.

Thanks!

P.S.  Just in case the smiley face was hiding from you:
I would like to try an experiment.  Get out some paper and write a 0 on it.  Then I want you to go down a line and put a 0 there.  You see, the 0 is a magic number, as it is -well- 0.  You can’t get better than that!  Now, on the next one, 0 isn’t enough.  7 is the number to put here.  Why isn’t a 0 good enough here? 0 is not magical now.  Once great, a 0 has been reduced to being nonsense.  Now, take your paper and throw it away, then turn your computer sideways.