Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Front Door Entertainment

So, lately I’ve been shaking off feelings of slight boredom and possible uselessness. This is Nebraska, after all. The corn doesn’t need that much help growing. And taking daily measurements shouldn’t really be my favorite pastime. It isn’t healthy.

But where are the oceans? The rain forests? The spectacular waterfalls and breathtaking heights? It’s kinda hard to rock-climb down a ditch. Ever tried scuba diving in a mud puddle? Wow. Look at those mosquito babies.

Then I walked out the front door and saw this:


But that wasn’t quite interesting enough. So, I dug out the extra-strength macro lens and tried again. That helped.


Personally, I think he’s rather cute.

Spiderman does exist. Only they got the color all wrong. It’s green, not red. Sparkly green, to be more precise. Maybe they figured it wasn’t masculine enough. Gotta leave the man something to be proud of if he does have to walk around in tights.

I think the little guy liked getting his picture taken. He stared straight at me the whole time and wiggled just enough to show off his good side. I can just hear him, jabbering away through his pincers. “Do I look fat from this angle? How about now?”

I was rude. I didn’t even answer him. To be honest, I was a little preoccupied wrapping the camera strap securely around my neck. Didn’t want to drop it when I screamed and leapt skyward. I had to be prepared in case he jumped on me.

Hm. He never jumped. The camera’s still in one piece. So is my neck, for that matter.

But the world lost a fascinating model ten minutes later. My mom was spraying for flies and she hit bigger game. Goodbye, Spiderman. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you you weren’t fat.