Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Both Sides of the Ocean

In March I was in New Jersey at the Atlantic Ocean. This month, I was in Oregon at the Pacific. Two oceans in the same year. Not bad. I’ve decided I’m incredibly blessed. Last week I was on stage performing our rather revised rendition of The Thirteen Clocks. This week, I was compelling my flat-lander legs up not one, but two Oregonian mountains. I’ve flown around the globe (and it only took me a year). I’ve visited four continents, ten countries (I think; am I forgetting any?), and stayed in I don’t remember how many different rooms. I’ve biked downtown Portland and ridden up a ski lift. I’ve been on a boat in the ocean and hiked through a rainforest. I’ve eaten wild snake, watched (not eaten) wild zebras, and taken pictures of monkeys in a zoo stuffing themselves on birthday cake. (This is all true, by the way.) I’ve run a horse down a cornfield in Nebraska and ridden a truck past rice fields in the Philippines. I’ve survived tornadoes, hurricanes, and strange guys stopping on the side of the road to ask me out. I’ve worked in an orphanage, a school, a youth ranch, a day care, a Sunday school class, and my sister’s house, and came out still liking kids. (Melody, that one was for you.) I’ve watched the sun set from an airplane, the wind blow through the flat lands, the moon rise over the ocean, and the stars sparkle above the mountains.

Any one of these would be a grand adventure, but I’ve got such a list, I can’t even name them all. Truly, God has granted me an incredibly blessed life. Not only do I get to see the ocean, but I get to see it from both sides. And not just once, but over and over again. Like coming into Heaven's throne room and looking into the face of God, not just once, but daily, morning, noon, and night, over and over again.

Here are a few of the photos from my latest journey - a week-long trip out to Washington and Oregon: