Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

What Are You Waiting For? . . . I Don't Know. Something Amazing, I Guess.

"Then Moses gave an order and they sent this word throughout the camp: 'No man or woman is to make anything else as an offering for the sanctuary.' And so the people were restrained from bringing more, because what they already had was more than enough to do all the work." (Exodus 36:6,7)

It's getting close to midnight, and my plane leaves at 6:05 a.m. Before I leave, I would like to say something of the same thing Moses said. I don't really know what I'm getting into going back to Haiti. I know it's going to be so hot we won't really miss the lack of heated water. I know I'll enjoy the new Chacos my sister got for me. (Thanks, Kristi!) And I feel like I've got more than enough to do whatever work God has for me.

I've got a list going, and it keeps getting bigger. A free plane ticket to Haiti, food and board all paid . . . More than a hundred dollars to spend on beads to take to Haiti and do something amazing with . . . An unopened box of just-the-right-size...unmentionables . . .Chacos in my favorite color . . . A quick-dry towel that will come in very handy in 99% humidity . . . And more than a thousand dollars donated to a missionary who never asked for a cent.

And I was worried about leaving both my jobs. Don't tell me God doesn't see our unspoken fears. Don't tell me He doesn't act or care. Don't tell me He doesn't get extravagant sometimes. I have seen Him do amazing things this past month.

I am going to Haiti with the expectation of seeing Him do more.