Pages

Friday, October 26, 2007

Top Ten Things I'll Never Do That I've Done

Number One: Be a secretary (I hate paperwork!). For 1 ½ years, no less!

Number Two: Compete in a Country - yes, that’s C-o-u-n-t-r-y - Music Festival. This is true.

Number Three: Change diapers REGULARLY. Welcome to day care!

Number Four: Teach any sort of classroom in a school setting. Kindergarten, for example. Or first - fifth grade. All of which I have done, minus fourth grade.

I think I’ll call it the “TT TINTID” club. “Top Ten Things I’ll Never do That I’ve Done.” So far I’m the only member, but you’re welcome to join. The day I graduated highschool, I never would have dreamed I’d have crossed FOUR whole things off my top ten list in just six years. Makes me kinda nervous to find out what other horrible things might be on my list that I don’t know about yet!

But today I’m only going to focus on one of my top ten. Number Two. Competing in a Country Music Festival. The Nebraska Country Music Festival, to be exact. Which was just last week in Hastings. And I went. Cause God inspired me with a song. That wasn’t supposed to be country. Only it was.

I got second in the “Most Promising Female” category, and they handed me a big, shiny, bright red (second place is always red, but I have no idea why) trophy that I’m trying to sell on Ebay for $5.00. Okay, not really. The part about Ebay, I mean. But the thought has crossed my mind. But the trophy isn’t really the point. Not at all.

The point is the people that were there at the Festival. And that most of them don’t have a personal relationship with Jesus. And that a lot of them, even the ones who go to church, are caught up in this “If I can just win a prize . . .” mentality. And that the song God inspired me with just happens to be all about the best thing on earth: walking with Him.

Here are the words:
VERSE 1
So many miles we’ve walked along
You’ve always held my hand
Coming back to carry me
When I didn’t have the strength to stand
Through the flood and through the fire
You’ve always been my sky
Sunshine lighting up my day
The stars that shine at night
CHORUS
So hold my hand one more time
Turn to me and let me see You smile
Sing to me a love song
As the sunlight fades
One last dance, take it slow
If there’s one thing I oughta know
It’s that loving You
Is the best of every day
We’re walking Home together
Just like always
VERSE 2
Who would’ve thought through all these years
Your love could be so grand
Sweeping me right off my feet
Every time You held my hand
I never found an end to You
I guess I never will
But one fine day I fell in love
And I’m in love still
BRIDGE
Oh, so many goodbyes
Only with You
I thank God that I
Don’t ever have to

Maybe the TT TINTID club isn't such a bad thing after all.